La Cipollina Recipe
Vanilla Crème Brulee
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla and 1 tbsp. brandy
- 6 Ramekins
- 1 stainless steel bowl
- 1 whisk
- Cake pan or deep roasting pan
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a mixing bowl, whish the heavy cream, vanilla, and brandy together.
- Add sugar to the mixture.
- Add egg yolk's into this mixture one by one and whish together.
- Once all incorporated, pour into ramekins.
- Place ramekins into baking pan and pour water into the baking pan, half way up the side of the ramekins.
- Bake for 40 minutes
- Once finished, refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Remove crème brule from refrigerator and cover with a thin layer of sugar
- Using a torch caramelize the sugar until golden brown.