La Cipollina Recipe
- Mozzarella Curd-2LB
- 1 Cup Kosher Salt
Keep Mozzarella Wrapped In plastic Wrap, Pour Warm water over mozzarella. Keep On Kitchen Counter. Add kosher salt into the water bath. After Mozzarella softens, open the end of the plastic just enough to allow some of the salt water to penetrate into the mozzarella and re-flavor.
- Rubber Gloves
- Plastic Wrap
- Metal Bowl
- Measuring Cup
- Additional Container
- 2 Large mixing Spoons
- Sauce pot to boil water
- Cut mozzarella curd into dice size cubes.
- Place in metal bowl
- Sprinkle salt on top of the mozzarella. Cover with warm water from the sink and allow to sit for 5 minutes
- Drain the water and cover with boiling water
- After allowing the cheese to sit for 5 minutes, slowly start to work the cheese together using 2 spoons. Begin stretching the mozzarella, once all of the grainy mozzarella dissolves, Begin to form balls, tucking the mozzarella into the center, over and over.
- Once you have formed the size mozzarella balls of your liking, wrap them with plastic wrap. Tie the ends securely.
- Place the mozzarella logs into a separate container with salted warm water