La Cipollina Recipe
Diver Scallop, Pork Belly, Granny Smith Apple
Serves- 2 People, cook time 25 minutes
- 4 U-10 dry scallops
- 1# Pork Belly
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. water
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 cup kosher Salt
- 12 pepper corns
- 3 bay leafs
- 2 onions peeled and chopped
- 2 sauté pans
- Serving plate
To Brine The Pork:
- Combine all ingredients, loosely cover, and refrigerate 2 days.
- After 2 days, remove, and pat Dry.
- Heat oven to 375. Place pork belly on a roasting rack, over a roasting pan.
- Score skin with a sharp knife into 2" boxes sections. Rub with olive oil, lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Roast uncovered for 2 hours, do not let Skin burn.
Combine all items, Cook over medium flame for 4-5 minutes.
- Place the sauce on the bottom. Stack pork belly on top.
- Place the scallops on top, garnish with Apple Slaw